Feb 18, 2008

Some of my FAVORITE images from 2007! Part 1

I wanted to share some of my favorite images from my 2007 weddings! I've gone through and picked 3 photos from each wedding that jumped out at me. I love all these photos for so many different reasons, and I feel like together these photos represent my true style. I love creating something beautiful and unique that reflects each couple!

I've never done this before but hey... what the heck... why not, CONTEST TIME!
I want to show my appreciation for all my past clients. Vote for your favorite image and tell me why it stands out to you. Post your vote in the comments section of this entry. The couple with the most votes will win a $200 print credit. The person who leaves the most unique answer will also win a secret prize. YOU HAVE 2 WEEKS, deadline March 5th!

ps... part 2 will be coming soon (couple of weeks). These are the last 12 weddings of 2007. Part 2 will have the first 13 and will have it's own contest.

Feb. 20th - Thanks for Voting! What's up with the anonymous voters?
You can't win the cool secret price if I don't know who you are. Please post your name at the end of your comment and at the end of the contest we will post the winner.
Only one vote per person , please... Tell me what your favorite photo is not just your favorite wedding. That's the whole point guys!
Thanks, Vanessa

Jodi&Adam, Lakeway Resort&Spa
I love shooting available light and Lakeway is a true gem for this. The lighting can be amazing!
This photo has beautiful lighting and movement... 2 of my favorite things.

As a parent I really connect with this photo because I can picture myself standing up there with my kids one day. These moments in life are few and far between.

Creating unique portraiture is very important to me. We found this blank room and it ended up being perfect for this Cary Grant and Greta Garbo feel... timeless and unique.
..................................................................

Correne&Court, Driskill
I love thhe expression! It makes me smile... every time I see this photo.As I was walking out of the room I quickly grabbed some more shots of the boys before the door closed. What makes this shot to me is the door.

This is a beautiful portrait! The double reflection was hard to get but worth the extra time.

..................................................................
Ashley&Kris, Stephen F. Austin
I love how sweet and simple this photo is... Once again I'm reminded why I adore love.
The coolest cake shot ever! Not your ordinary cake shot... those curtains demanded attention.
Boys and their toys! Gotta keep the kids entertained.
..................................................................

Meredith&Jason, Laguna Gloria
oh... once again as a parent I love this. I feel the love! And I love how this photo shows Jason's goofy personality.

I love when I get the mishaps... those unexpected accidents in life.
This romantic light really shows the intimacy and beauty of this sweet ceremony.

..................................................................

Chandra&Jarod, Navasota TX
Those final moments just before seeing Jarod... it truly was a quiet moment and in a room of girls those are hard to find.
This amazing light cannot be replicated or found easily or photographed easily! It's like staring into the sun.

I love Chandra's expression! To me casual shots are not only beautiful but show the couples personality.
..................................................................

Kristy&Alberto, Barr Mansion
A different kind of bridesmaids shot! I love the color and the simplicity of it.
ah.......... COLOR!
I love it when we get to have some fun... but I especially love this shot because the guy at the end doesn't look amused... nope not one bit!
Light, cool expressions, color and movement! I feel like I'm there again, surrounded by all the DANCING!
..................................................................

Shannon&Marshall, Fort Worth TX
I want to be one of the guys... put me in a tux.
Something a bit different! Shooting through the glass of a convertible and adding some cross processing for a unique portrait.
I'm not a big fan of flash but you have to use it... and using it correctly can give you some awesome shots and it doesn't hurt that the car is super COOL!
..................................................................

Debbie&Chris, The Vista on Seward Hill
This is how I felt with my dad the day of my wedding! It makes me want to cry..
I love the emotion in this photo... You know everyone was super happy and excited.Who doesn't like mariachi pants! REALLY? I love capturing little details throughout the day.

..................................................................

Lauren&Ryan, Horseshoe Bay
I love how all of Lauren's girls took the time to write a special note to her...on her shoe! I'm sure by the end of the night, some of the notes faded away, but the lucky girls whose names stayed are next to get married!I absolutely love this photo... It's probably one of my favorites of all time. I think it speaks for itself.
This has to be one of my favorite band shots ever! It truly shows the atmosphere of the night.
..................................................................
Lisa&Mark, Vintage Villas
This photo of Lisa is very striking. I love all of the different elements in it (all the straight lines), including the warm tones.
Not all moments are necessarily meant to be captured by the camera....but I'm so glad I got this one!
We were able to get some great shots as the sun was setting. I love how the wind lifted Lisa's veil just enough to catch some of that great light.

..................................................................
Annie&Austin, Barton Creek Resort
Shooting into the light isn't particularly easy and you never know what you might get. Sometimes it's not so great but other times you create something unique.
I think this moment is so sweet... I love Annie's expression.
This shot makes me feel like they are the only 2 people in the world. Very surreal!

..................................................................
Erika&Matt, Villa AntoniaSome of the best details don't take months to plan or coordinate.
Gotta love the kids again! I wish they would all turn around and look at me like I'm crazy!It was very important to Matt to have a Cigar BAR... and how cool is it to play with smoke.

91 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Matt and Erica smoking the cigars! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the middle photo of Lauren and Ryan. The gentleman crying.

Anonymous said...

Lauren and Ryan get my vote for the picture of his dad.

Anonymous said...

My vote has to go out to Lauren & Ryan's photo where Ryan's dad is crying. There is so much emotion in this picture, you can almost feel it! To see a dad crying as he is watching his son and soon to be daughter in law get married is priceless*

Anonymous said...

am i allowed to vote? well, i'm voting anyway.... although i love the photo of Ryan's dad, i'm gonna go against the grain this time... i'm having a hard time choosing between Jodi&Adam's first shot (i love all the crazy colors...i think it looks really cool ) and Annie&Austin's last shot (on the golf course). I think i'm gonna go with Annie&Austin... i love that photo...i can't stop looking at it. it's just really beautiful and romantic. and i LOVE green, so the golf course doesn't hurt...

-Blanca

Anonymous said...

Court and Correne get my vote for the picture looking through the door of Court.

Anonymous said...

I love Court and Correne's pictures at the Driskell. They truly make a beautiful couple and you brought out the best in them!

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Correne and Court - such beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Voting!
What's up with the anonymous voters?

You can't win the cool secret price if I don't know who you are. Please post your name at the end of your comment and at the end of the contest we will post the winner.

Only one vote per person , please... Tell me what your favorite photo is not just your favorite wedding. That's the whole point guys!

Thanks,
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Correne gets my vote with her lookig out the window before taking the plunge:-)

Anonymous said...

Correne & Court! double reflection pic is great

Anonymous said...

Correne's beautiful double reflection picture gets my vote. I love it! Marion

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of Correne putting her dress on. The laughter is infectious.

Anonymous said...

The best....Debbie&Chris, The Vista on Seward Hill
When she cry with her dad...

Jennifer Ramirez-Jasiczek said...

I love the one of the gentleman crying.

Anonymous said...

I love Correne and the shot with her smiling is just magnificent. It reminds me of the wonderful person she is and the wonderful wife she has become. She makes the world shine with that smile! Dalyn

Unknown said...

I love the one from Debbie and Chris's wedding where she is crying with her dad. It really captures the essence of leaving your family of origin and beginning the creation of a new one....so bittersweet. I tear up everytime I look at it.

Anonymous said...

I like Debbie crying with her dad.

Anonymous said...

I love Deb crying with her Dad. I to tear up every time I look at this pic.

Carol said...

I love the picture of Debbie & her father....priceless.

Andrea C. said...

I love the one of the little flower girl. The look on her face is priceless!

Anonymous said...

You did such an amazing job for Correne and Court...I didn't think it possible to make Correne more beautiful, you really captured the moments!

Anonymous said...

My vote has to go to the picture of Debbie and her father sharing a moment before the wedding began. The emotion captured in this photo is absolutely priceless!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Debbie with her father! I remember that moment with my Dad at my wedding and it was one of my most special moments on my wedding day!

Unknown said...

Alberto and his guys (including the glum one at the right) get my vote.

Derek said...

The picture with the people dancing from Kristy & Alberto's wedding... you really captured the moment so well I feel like I can almost hear the music!

Christy said...

I love the third photo from Alberto and Kristy's wedding. The light, movement and colors are all fabulous!

Kenneth said...

I like the third photo from Kristy and Alberto's wedding. It's tricky to capture all of the elements that were going on, and you did so excellently.

Anonymous said...

I reposted this comment from Cindy:

My favorite pic is under Debbie & Chris (image #1) where Debbie is with Dad. Debbie is my baby sister and seeing her with our father reminded me of my wedding dance with him. It literally brought me to tears seeing this image. I can't believe we are both "MARRIED WOMEN" now. All grown up. I thank God for our family and that Deb and I have remained so,so close, even though, we are miles apart.
Cindy Lozano

Veronica said...

My favorite pic is the third photo from Kristy and Alberto's wedding. The colors are amazing and the picture depicts the energy that was that night.

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to the second picture from Chandra and Jarod's wedding...such amazing light!

Anonymous said...

Jason and Meredith Greagor for sure!!! I love those pictures!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Jason/Meredith... In particular, the picture of Jason and his dad. Great photo!

nicpot said...

I love the pic of Meredith and her bridesmaid tripping because I've done that a million times..:)

vanhealysteen said...

I love the 3rd pic from Kristy & Alberto's wedding. I mean - they were dancing fast, so to capture it on film is fantastic! - monica

Anonymous said...

I vote for Meredith and Jason. Specifically the picture of Meredith with her bridesmaids!

Anonymous said...

i vote for meredith & jason...the one of jason and his dad!

Anonymous said...

Meredith and Jason, Meredith and her Bridesmaids :)

Anonymous said...

I love for Meredith and Jason, the picture of them at the ceremony.
Troice Jones

Bill said...

I vote for Jason and Meridith. Especially the picture of Meridith reflection in the glass.

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of Shannon & Marshall through the windshield of the car. There are so many things I like about this picture. The first thing that strikes me is the color. The greenish blue tint initially grabs you, but the soft opaqueness really draws you in and makes you look even harder. Then there's the fact that you don't immediately realize that it's shot in the car. I also realize the fact that you can tell just form the steering wheel and shifter that they are sitting in something cool and classic. Then of course there's that wonderful look on their faces. I can't quite tell if they are about to kiss or if they're gazing into eachoter's eyes...but either way it is priceless. The angle of this shot and the fact that it was shot through the windshield also give it an extra feeling of authenticity. It almost seems as though the camera snuck up on the hood and captured these two without them even realizing it. Fantastic picture.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the picture of Jason & Meredith's ceremony! It is absolutely beautiful!

Meredith Greager said...

Can we vote for ourselves? If so, then I vote for the picture of our ceremony...I love the warm light!
-Meredith

Anonymous said...

I love the photograph of Meredith and Jason's ceremony. The lighting was magnificent and reflected the beauty of the evening and anticipation of the future.

Anonymous said...

We vote for Meredith and Jason's wedding ceremony. This particular photo was able to catch the true beauty as this perfect couple became husband and wife.
-Mindy & Doug

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Jason and Meredith are amazing.....best pics of 2007

Flip Flops On 5th said...

I vote for the "Hi how are you?" photo in Kristy & Alberto's wedding. I love the photo because the frog is very Austin and because you got everyone to jump. I try to imagine how it all went down. Did you just say, "Jump!" or did you have to explain why you wanted people to jump? The very thought of you, 8 months pregnant getting men to jump makes me laugh.

Unknown said...

I love the photo of my uncles, where they are dancing, the photo and the colors are amazing.
- Alberto

Anonymous said...

I vote for Jason/Meredith - the ceremony picture.
Gina Hoff

Kristy said...

I vote for the third one from our (Alberto & Kristy's) wedding, with Sonia and Fernando dancing. Everyone had SO much fun, and you captured the exuberance of the night. I want to do it again!

Anonymous said...

I too vote for Jason and Meredith (the wedding ceremony), but followed closely by the bride and bridesmaids living it up.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the photo of my beautiful Kristy and her five beautiful Bridesmaids. Not only is their beauty breathtaking, but she is my only granddaughter, and I'd be nuts to vote for anybody else!

Jim Watkins

Anonymous said...

I vote for Kristy and Alberto's wedding photo of Kristy and the bridesmaids. The red dresses look amazing!

Unknown said...

I don't know if my vote went through! Meredith and Jason for sure. Beautiful pictures. Love the one of Jason and his dad.

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to the pic of debbie and her dad sharing a father&daughter moment. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the picture of Ryan's dad. The emotion on ALL the faces really speaks to me. Just to be clear, he is NOT upset that his son is marrying my daughter! HaHa!
Vanessa, all of your photos tell unique stories and capture the true emotions of your subjects. Even the picture of Lauren's shoe reminds me of all those girls and what they mean to my daughter. By the way, 3 of them are now engaged! I wonder if their names are still legible? You have a fabulous gift!

Anonymous said...

Your photograph of Kristy and her bridesmaids captured each girl at her best. I love it. That one gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

The jumping "Hi, How are you" guys in the Kristy & Alberto Collection.......such exuberance and fun, despite Mr. Grumpypuss on the right.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Joy said..
Alberto and his attendants in the Kristy and Alberto collection; "The last fling prior to the altar"

Anonymous said...

Ross said:

I like the one from Kristy and Alberto's wedding with the groom and groomsmen jumping in front of the classic Austin location!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Bill said:
My favorite in the Kristy and Alberto collection is the guys jumping. "The Highjumpers"

Anonymous said...

Kristy & Alberto's groomsmen for sure--they are having so much fun! Even the guy on the left, he's just having fun "incognito."

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Debbie and her Dad.

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to Meredith and her bridesmaids. Vanessa - you just have the most amazing knack for capturing real life on film. Thank you for everything!

Anonymous said...

My vote is for the picture of Debbie and her dad, such a tender moment. It makes me smile and cry every time I see it.

Anonymous said...

I like the third picture from Kristy & Alberto's wedding. There was so much great energy that night and you caught it on film!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the one with Debbie and her Dad! I am already a bit emotional thinking about it even though it is probably many years away!

Anonymous said...

The picture of Debbie and her Dad. This is the kind of love I look forward to when I have kids. That moment will never leave their hearts.

Anonymous said...

Lynne & I each vote for Photo #3 in Meredith & Jason's wedding at Laguna Gloria. We like the story in each face in that photo, each different thought, hope, feeling.
-Ed & Lynne Greager

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi there! I vote for Kristy and Alberto! All pictures are great since it shows their love for life and color. Out of the three photos I would pick the dancing photo as my number one! Beautiful with the colors!!

Marcy said...

I have to vote for the pic of Alberto and the groomsmen jumping in front of the How Are You frog. That's just such an Austin landmark, and such a fun photo!

Anonymous said...

It's a tuff choice. The party brought families together from both sides of the Atlantic and was so much fun! But the one from Kristy and Alberto's wedding with the groom and groomsmen jumping in the air was so unique I have to vote for it.

Anonymous said...

i like the picture of the groom and the groomsmen from kristy and alberto's wedding. vanessa you show talent by capturing the men in air

juanita k

Anonymous said...

I vote for the picture of two people dancing at Kristy and Alberto's wedding. It's a great picture and really conveys how much fun the reception was.

Heather

Aunt Becky said...

I love the photo with Jason and his dad. You don't see a lot of wedding photos of the groom and his dad and this SO captures Jason's personality and love for his family.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the picture of Debbie&Chris's wedding - Debbie with her dad. What a perfect picture!

Anonymous said...

I vote for the third photo from Kristy and Alberto's wedding. The photo of Alberto's family dancing really captured the moment and energy of the night.

Anonymous said...

Alberto's crew jumping in front of the frog gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

I like the guys jumping in front of the Daniel Johnson sign.

Anonymous said...

I like the guys jumping in front of the frog, too.

Unknown said...

Had to correct my post:

1 vote for Alberto and his groomsmen, I love the timing of the shot!

Anonymous said...

i love alberto's groomsman picture, it's very lively.

IronKieran said...

kristy & alberto's wedding pic #3 - got to love europeons dancing crazy!

Anonymous said...

the colors and the faces!!! it feels like dancing everytime you look at it !!!!!
the photo from alberto and krsity's wedding,on the dance floor.

Anonymous said...

Meemaw said:

For Kristy's and Alberto's wedding, I vote for the couple dancing. When I think of the wedding, this is what I remember. What a fun night everyone had!!

Wilma Watkins

Unknown said...

Meredith and Jason...the wedding ceremony picture shows how beautiful and elegant it was.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Alberto and his groomsmen jumping. So fun!

Mommy said...

I would like to vote for the third photo from Kristy and Alberto's wedding...The colors, movement, and exuberance captured by the photo bring back vivid memories of their wedding reception. The wedding was a phenomenal mix of Texas and Spanish cultures tied together by Kristy's impecable planning and bold color choices. WOW.

Anonymous said...

Alberto and Christi had a great wedding and the celebration will be remembered for a long time. The dancing photo is the best!

Jim and Linda Thomas

Anonymous said...

Fav is the third from Alberto and Kristy -- no reason for everyone not to be dancing in their formal wear.

Runnerup is the guys backstage from C&Cs wedding. I've been a groomsmen at 4 weddings and in my own and emotions for guys can be all over the place. I wonder what Court is thinking and if jokes being told and beer being drunk are to keep him from hyperventilating.