Mar 6, 2008

Kristi&Alberto's LOVE Story!

As you may remember, we did the wedding planning from Dublin, Ireland. Before we moved there, we lived in San Francisco. I was working for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society managing teams of athletes training for triathlons and fundraising for the LLS. The triathlon group was very social (listen up, girls), and it was a great way to meet people because the teams were full of fun, outgoing, socially-minded wannabe athletes of all sizes. During my third season as a Campaign Manager for one of these teams, I noticed this tall, handsome guy with a cute Spanish accent. At one of our team dinners, I went up to our mutual friends and started a conversation at the bar. Later, I invited Alberto to sit next to me at the meal. After talking all evening (and late into the night celebrating a teammate's birthday), he asked me out on a date for that Friday...and another one after that...and another one after that. We've been together ever since! He made a great teammate but an even better best friend, travel buddy, and husband.

We got married in Austin because I am a native Austinite. We wanted it to be a Spanish/Texan fiesta, and Jenn Goodner (our wedding planner from YVOFG) helped us pull it off from so far away. I was ecstatic when I saw the first pictures on Vanessa's blog because she really captured us and the people we love. Even as I am writing this, I know the words don't do justice to the gift she gave to us. Our wedding was the most memorable and incredibly fun night of my life, we shared it with our loved ones, and I get to relive it whenever I want through Vanessa's images. Thank you for everything!

Kristy

No comments: